“Time is like money. Without being managed properly, how do you know where it’s going?” – Benjamin Franklin
Time management is not a single stand-alone subject or theory. It is related to a lot of other subjects like productivity, work-life balance, avoiding burnout, focused work, building good habits, and setting goals. And this post is focused on the best practices in scheduling, prioritizing, and effective time management strategies that we’ve learned from super successful people.
What is time management?
Time management is the process of planning and dividing tasks to increase efficiency or productivity.
Why is time management important?
Time management is the key to lead to success. If you want to be a world-class leader and have a good life and work balance and generally want to be successful in your career and in your life, you need to pay a lot of attention to this factor. If you are a manager, you have to finish your work as well as you are responsible for your teamwork. In that case, you need to have smart time management strategies. A good read by teamdeck.io for smart time management strategies.
Through time management you can keep a track of all your work, which helps to reduce your stress level and get more out of the day.
Good time management teaches you to be a self-reliant, and self- disciplined which are the two basic pillars of life. It helps you to focus and leads to more career success.
The most advantageous thing about time management is that you will get some free time to learn about new things or anything that you are passionate about. This will take you closer to your goals. Or if you want you could give yourself that free time and just relax!
“Time is precious because eternity hinges on how we spend it” -Jonathan Edwards
Is time management needed if I am passionate about something?
Some people are lucky to have found a career that includes their passion, whereas others are still struggling to make time for it.
Sometimes your work and responsibilities take a huge chunk of your life which makes it difficult for you to take a little time out for yourself. But if you are really passionate about something you will anyhow manage to keep it on track. You might skip your meal while doing that as the joy fills up your stomach, or skip plans with friends or family.
But how do we do what we love without skipping plans and keeping the whole thing in balance?
Only through time management techniques, you can know how to manage time wisely, and also you will get an idea to sustainably use the time to create what really matters to you. Time management is a tool to improve the quality of your life. To progress with life, learning to manage time and spend it astutely, is the most important thing to do.
What are the problems faced if we lack time management?
- Poor time management results in procrastination.
- Postponing work for the last-minute leads to stress as the work overloads your head.
- Urgent assignments,
- late working hours,
- unclear expectations,
- build up a hostile space inside your head that ultimately results in impatience.
Lack of time management may induce fear into a person. Supposedly, you gave a commitment to your boss and you are failing to meet the deadline. The fear of not being able to complete before the deadline; the fear of missing commitments develops low self-esteem.
Get an expert advice to how to manage time .
As we all know time is limited, if not well used cannot be retrieved. Most of the time, people complain about a lack of time when they cannot complete their work or maintain their usual routine on time thus resulting in dissatisfaction with your own output or productivity. Therefore, one bad habit of ineffective time management leads one problem to another problem.
21 Time management strategies to skyrocket your productivity
Understand how you are spending your time
- Discover your own “WHY” to effectively manage your time and life
- Be realistic about your goals and actions
- Track which activities you are wasting your time
- Set daily goals and track the results
- Create a morning ritual that gives you energy and focus rest of the day
Prioritize your priorities
- Understand the difference between the important and urgent
- Prioritize, Prioritize, Prioritize…if you can’t prioritize something, delegate it or better abandon it. (it doesn’t worth your time and focus)
- Learn to say “NO”.
- Create a daily to-do list and set priorities for each task. To-Do-List is motivating because it gives a clear idea of what is to be accomplished each day. — ProofHub
- Don’t multitask. It reduces your focus drastically.
- Schedule breaks in between (at logical break). This gives you fresh energy to take up the next task enthusiastically. Set up an efficient daily schedule
Set up an efficient daily schedule
- Set schedules and deadlines (Sometimes deadlines work very well to get the things done on time) and have an eye on time tracking.
- Create Yearly, Half Yearly, Monthly, Weekly, and Daily Plans
- Be clear about the goals you want to achieve at the end of each period
- Spend some time to plan your week on Sunday
- Before going to sleep review, your day and plan the next day
- Group similar activities together
- Use the Pomodoro Technique to focus on the task at your hand
- set aside a time to answer your emails. No one is expecting you to answer immediately.
- Allocate some time for project management activities, where you will be allocating specific tasks to our team members.
- Allocate time for your phone calls. If you are in the middle of some important task, you can let this call go missed. Once you finish your important work, then you can call back.
These are the time management tips that work.
Time management requires practice and successful people find better ways to control and use their time. They understand that everyone has got 24 hours in a day but those who will be managing their daily task and important tasks effectively only can see success.
We, at Jiyofullest, are passionate about helping people to improve their quality of life through better time management and productivity skills. We have got some of the highly qualified and experienced Time Management Coaches who can give your tailor-made solutions to create a big positive change in your life and career. As a first step please visit the below link to find out your present time management skills.
To know more, click How To Mange Time Wisely
Our experts have a wide range of ideas and solutions for you. They first understand your needs, your workplace circumstances, your outlook towards life, and then curate a customized plan to fit your requirements.