Today’s teens do not need advice; they need empathy and want you to trust them. They need to get empowered.
A coach can help teens learn how to handle obstacles and setbacks, establish positive thinking and monitor growth by establishing a new set of beliefs and values and assist in moving forward, planning and setting goals that pave the way for future success.
Teen Coaching is about personal development and is an investment in your teen’s future. Through a process of learning life skills and lessons, your teen will start to develop self-awareness, self-confidence, courage, and compassion. These fundamental life skills will enable your teen to set SMART goals for their future, make effective choices, and follow their dreams to become the person they were born to be and achieve their true potential.
- Your teen gets an unbiased person to talk to-Let us recognize that this is a tough time in a child’s life. A Life Coach can be an unbiased outlet for the teen to talk about themselves and about what’s going on in their lives. They get the support of an objective and non-judgmental person. They get the opportunity to talk about difficult subjects, such as bullying and relationships. However, if an area of concern does come up, it will be caught quickly, talked through and worked on before it gets too overwhelming or out of control.
- They teach to set and achieve goals-A Life Coach discusses goals, plans for work/college and dreams. A coach will also help set smaller goals and SMART goals. These are goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bound. Often, teens set very basic goals that are not specific and measurable and are less likely to achieve them. A Life Coach will make sure that your teen has specific goals with a plan.
- A Coach teaches teens accountability–A Life Coach is all about holding people accountable. A Life Coach sets goals with your teen during each session. The next time the teen meets with the coach, he does a complete rundown of the goals set the session before. Together, they discuss if any challenges came during achieving those goals or if goals are not met. The teen explains why goals were not met. Excuses are acknowledged, but not supported. Instead, the Life Coach will help analyze what the teen could have done differently to reach the goal. This way teens build up basic skills like comprehension and acceptance of their mistakes if any as well as more advanced skills like analysis, synthesis, and evaluation. This analysis can help them to learn how to highlight procrastination issues, confidence problems, barriers with willpower, toxic relationships, and other issues.
- A Coach instils confidence–A Life Coach works with teens to highlight their strengths and utilize these strengths to achieve goals. The more a teen can see her/his strengths, the more confidence s/he will have. Teens are also taught how to build confidence without it being at the expense of others, which reduces bullying. During coaching, teens learn that to build the confidence they need to improve their time management, willpower, social skills. a coach helps with these skills by working on teen’s self-esteem, having a healthy self-image, and setting boundaries for good and bad.
- Effective communication–A Life Coach educates teens on how to practice assertive communication and be confident in saying no to people and activities that are not in line with their bigger vision and goals. They are encouraged to see the world from a different perspective.
- Discover own strengths and talents–teens have so many unutilized strengths that if they start focusing on them, their strengths alone will be good enough for their goals and happiness, they do need to worry about their weakness.
- A coach will help teens to recognize their talents and strength.
- Manage stress–Coach teaches teens to make informed decisions about how to best manage stress.
- They will lead their lives with a new sense of motivation and a boost of inspiration.
- Coaching can help your teen to understand the emotions they are going through and how to manage them. They may be battling feelings of worry or fear and behaving aggressively. A coach helps your teen to understand and handle their confused emotions.
- Academic and organizational skills-Organization skills are a key aspect of whatever your teen does in life. Starting from organizing the way they structure their academic preparation, keeping things properly, ensuring they maintain their belongings and so on. This aspect is best nurtured when the importance is realized.
- Coaching improves teens time management skills-Time – a factor that is always falling short for a teenager. They would love to keep doing things at their discretion but time flies when they do things they love and does not move when they hate something.Prioritizing various activities, they do and optimally being able to utilize their days can work wonders. A coach works as a team/partner with the teen to enable them to accomplish this.
- Coaching installs a stronger sense of self-worth.
- Stronger decision-making skills-Every step of life needs a fine and delicate sense of deciding what is required. Decisions can also have consequences that are not always considered to be the best. Therefore, skills to develop and also be aware of possible consequences can empower the teen to be able to decide clearly.
- Desire to “dream big”-Dreaming big is the forte of teens. Their dreams do not have bondage of logic and are driven by their imagination and understanding of their competencies. Nurturing the ability to keep dreaming, sustaining the dreams through follow up plans, action, and direction creates possibilities of future that may not sound feasible today.
- Ability to spot signs of an unhealthy relationship-early, respecting themselves enough to move on from an unhealthy relationship, and recovering from breakups.
- Improved grades- Since teens learn how to concentrate on their goals, their grades improve.
- A coach motivates a teen to achieve their true potential-Every teen has immense potential that is not always realized. The competencies, capabilities, support, and environment drive what they must do. However, once realized, the clear direction, choices, results, and joy that follows is tremendous. Coming from others, the word itself sounds like Gyan, therefore a coach helps.College/Career readiness-Coaching brings more clarity about their future. From simple things like choosing subjects to complex ones like deciding in favor of or against passion/need, career readiness is left to societal expectations. Career readiness requires co-relating many aspects of the life of a teenager.
- Happier teens–Today’s happier teens can only create a happier nation.Teens are by nature joyful. Societal pressures and other aspects sometimes take them to states of depression and sadness.
- Healthier friendships- Friendships made during teenage last for life. A child who has a great company of good friends leads a life in a way that helps him/her to tide past various challenges effortlessly.
- Learn ways to stay healthy and balanced in your life.
- Improved relationship- Learn more about themselves and their relationship with family and peers
- Passion–They start learning how to keep finding passion and how to start working on them.
- Limiting belief–They identify potential setbacks and limiting beliefs that are holding them back to achieve excellence in whatever they want to do.
- Learning Life Skills.
- Increasing Emotional Intelligence.
- Self-acceptance and self-awareness.
- The balance between real life and social media-Digital and social media has barged into the lives of teens in a big way. When your teen knows more important things are there to be done, only then they would start looking away. But that is rare. The content and continuous engagement create trouble for the teen.
- A life coach can assist teens with achieving a balance.
- Good decision making and sticking to them- Learn all the skills necessary for grounded decision making.
A life coach is a partner to your teen champ, who offers impartial, trustworthy, non-judgemental support to steer the capabilities of the teen. The coach, just like a sports coach, does not come across like a parent, teacher or friend but the catalyst to help your champion start living just like one.
The coach helps the teen to start focusing, make clear decisions, find strengths, stay strong even in times when life does not flow the way it was desired to be.
Welcome to the world of teen coaching by JiyoFullest.
Let your child create the desired future that they deserve.(Click Here)